As the Creative Capital with a thriving arts community, diverse neighborhoods, outstanding hotels, a renowned restaurant scene and so many things to do, Providence is the perfect place to host or produce your next event. Please review the grant funding guidelines, timeline and application for potential support. Grant proposals should demonstrate the ability to draw visitors into the Capital city, have an economic impact, benefit for residents and generate awareness and marketing exposure for the City.
Objectives of The Providence Tourism Grants are threefold:
- To promote the City of Providence as a year-round travel destination.
- To increase the awareness of programs and events in the City of Providence.
- To expand the opportunities for events to draw visitors from outside Providence to generate commerce, hotel stays and provide acitivities for visitors.
- Events, programs and/or festivals with a broad-based recurring audience.
- Cultural events, conferences and/or festivals targeted to a key niche market.
- Exhibits with wide appeal that creates interest to visitors from outside the city.
The PTC encourages collaborations and partnerships to create new events and exhibits and to expand existing ones with a proven and successful history.
General Eligibility Requirements for Grants:
- A project may consist of one or more specific events or activities.
- A project does not have to be new. Proven/existing projects may also apply.
- Projects do not need to be large in scope.
Please note, we do not fund: costs for the creation of new agency/organizations, except for direct program; grants to individuals; construction, purchase or renovation of facilities; cash reserves, endowments, capitol campaigns and annual funds; sub-granting or re-granting except for state event agencies, regional event; professional training in degree-granting institutions; work toward academic degrees or publication of books or exhibition of works.
Application deadlines: Please be sure to apply prior to the grant deadlines and at least least 45 days prior to the the respective program or event.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or for technical support in completing your application, please email email@example.com.